Little Steps Child Psychology
As a multidisciplinary mental health office, we are devoted to helping our clients deal with a wide range of mental health needs. We serve all age groups and focus on different aspects of care and treatment in order to tailor therapy to each person’s specific needs. Visit Little Steps Psychologist.
Our highly educated and experienced staff of licensed psychiatrists and psychologists believes strongly in the power of the individual to help him- or herself when given the right tools and guidance. To that end, we offer the following services which cover as wide a range of mental health needs as possible, incorporating multiple methods of assisting each individual to achieve a sense of personal strength and well-being.
- Individual, couples, family, and play therapies
- Hypnotherapy in the aid of smoking cessation, pain management, weight loss, anxiety and phobia management, fertility, and sports performance
- Group therapy for children, adolescents, and adults
- Psychological assessments
- Medication management
- Coordination with primary care physicians
Life is meant to be joyful and fulfilling, rich with meaningful relationships and purposeful progress. Sometimes, however, obstacles and frustrations arise, which can discourage your progress or inhibit your enjoyment. These obstacles can take many different shapes and sizes, from small hurdles to seemingly insurmountable mountains. As we work with you, our goal is to help cut a path through these obstacles and help you realize your full potential.
You may be wondering if your particular needs are important. We assure you that they are. Our approach as psychologists in Australia is to be dedicated to assisting you in understanding your worth and potential with multiple approaches to care and therapy.
If you are seeking a caring psychologist in the Northern Beaches, your search is over. The psychologists, at our clinic, have devoted their careers to helping others on their journeys to mental health. This assistance is realized through various forms of therapy and treatment, all of which are specially designed and tailored to each person’s particular needs.
Every person carries the ability to heal him- or herself. When pain, obstacles, and other blocks arise that prevent you from seeing a clear path to a joyful existence, the assistance of an objective third party can often be the key to helping you clear away those obstacles on your journey to a more fulfilled life.
We offer assistance in multiple ways, guiding children, teenagers, and adults through various individual and group therapies. These methods are a catalyst toward mental health and healing.
- Individual and couples therapy
- Family therapy
- Play therapy for children:
- Smoking cessation
- Chronic pain relief management
- AVIVA™ program for weight loss
- Anxiety and phobia management
- Increased sports motivation and performance using our Play S.M.A.R.T.™ program
Learning you are not the only one to go through certain trials and responses can have a huge impact on your ability to heal. Group therapy provides feedback and learning from others, which can create a more solid basis for personal change and growth. At our clinic we offer the following groups:
- Adult survivors of sexual abuse
- Adult children of alcoholics/dysfunction
- Anger management
- Anxiety management
- Bipolar disorder groups
- Living with bipolar disorder
- Groups for families of bipolar individuals
- Children’s Groups
- Children of divorce
- Children’s play therapy groups (ages 4 and up)
- First-time sibling class
- Coed and single-gender adolescence groups
- General psychotherapy process groups
- Maintenance and self-awareness groups
- Marriage groups
- Parenting skills training groups
- Stress management groups
- Women’s groups
- General women’s group
- Pregnancy and mental illness
- Pregnancy loss support group
- Postpartum depression
- Developmental assessments
- AD/HD and learning ability testing
- Personality and diagnostic assessment
- Presurgical evaluations (spinal, gastric banding/bypass, other)
- Evaluation of surrogacy candidates
Offered in conjunction with therapy only.