Online counselling is a convenient way for you to access psychological therapy without needing to travel to appointments. You can access online any of our qualified and experienced psychologists using Skype technology. Your online appointment will be conducted just like a face-to-face session where you will be able to see, hear and interact with your psychologist during the session.
All our online counselors are registered psychologists who currently see a mixture of both face-to-face and online clients.
Telephone counselling services
Darebin Psychology provides phone counselling services for those who prefer the convenience of receiving counselling from the comfort of their home. After booking your appointment, a call is established at the scheduled time and you will receive the same support and counselling as you would if you were in the room with your psychologist.
Common psychological issues such as depression, worry, anxiety, stress, grief, life direction, relationship issues, pain management and anger management are all suitable for online or phone counselling.
Online or telephone counselling: Important factors to consider
- Online or telephone counselling are NOT SUITABLE for those who are at risk of suicide, in acute crisis, or have serious mental health issues.There are limits to what a counselor can do remotely. In such cases, your GP is always your first port of call.
- Couple counselling is NOT generally offered online or by phone.
- Online or telephone counselling services are NOT eligible for Medicare rebates and clients are expected to cover the full fee prior to the session ( please see our fee schedule)
Requirements for online counselling:
- You need a high-speed broadband connection, a webcam and microphone on your device. Please make sure you have a good internet connection for counselling to take place. If one of you is only seeing the other’s face in pixelated form, counselling online will be a struggle.
- You have to ensure you can be online at the appointed time, in a quiet space where you won’t be interrupted or overheard.
We can get you started today.
Just fill out our normal contact form and we will email you with all the details. If you are ready to book or just want to make an inquiry simply complete this form to get started.
Once you have made an Online Counselling appointment, you will receive an email from us with clear instructions on how to access appointment, as well as payment instructions.